Research Associate, International Shipping Emission
The Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Management is a research-active department in NUS focusing on ports, logistics, and high-tech industries. It aims to solve real-world problems and optimise existing solutions via a systematic approach supported by data and research insights. Building on previous research, we are looking for a researcher to conduct maritime emissions projection, risk management and policy incentives design for maritime decarbonisation.
- Projection of future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Identify the types and degree of risks involved for different stakeholders and propose possible ways for risk management when adopting green technologies
- List possible policy incentives for technology adoptions and enhancing decarbonisation efforts
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist with the administration and management of research project, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a master's degree in industrial systems engineering, management of technology, maritime engineering, systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping and energy usage in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry
- Knowledge of innovation theories and business models
- Have a strong written and verbal command of the English language.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Applicants with bachelor degree who are keen to further master study are welcome
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Industrial Systems Engineering And Management
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 7159