Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Industrial Design
College of Design and Engineering, NUS, is looking for talented researchers to join a new research program on Designing for Future Smart Environment through the lens of Service Design, AI-Driven Design, Human-Computer Interaction and UX Design.
The successful applicant will be engaged in a strategic multi-disciplinary research program as a joint effort between Design, Architecture, Built Environment and Computer Engineering. In this cross-disciplinary program, this position will bring a strong user-centered approach to designing of human-building interaction/interface for a smart environment system upon AI, dynamic personal data, edge computing and robotic technologies, placing values of human wellbeing and environmental sustainability at the center.
The successful applicant will develop new design principles, methodologies and design cases of how human experiences in a smart building can be designed, through human-centered AI, human-AI collaboration, democratization of data, service design and UX design.
The position offers a fantastic opportunity for professional & scholarly career development in the emerging fields of AI-Driven Design, Service Design, Data-Driven Design, Human-Building Interaction, and User Experience Design. The successful applicant will receive adequate training in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Developing new principles, frameworks and methodologies for human interface design for smart, adaptive building, considering human wellbeing, data privacy and sustainability
- Prototyping new interaction systems and services for human-building interactions (e.g. mobile systems, interactive walls etc.)
- User experience research (qualitative & quantitative)
- Academic publications
- Facilitation of creative cross-disciplinary collaboration
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degrees in design, human-computer interaction or other relevant disciplines. Relevant work experiences are welcomed.
- Demonstrated experience in design and prototyping, and academic research.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Proficiency in graphic and prototyping tools
- Good knowledge and skills in programing and data analysis
- An experience with data visualization will be an advantage
- Good communication skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.