Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Accounting/Taxation, SII-DUFE
Salary: Competitive Salary
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Sunday 31 July 2022
Surrey International Institute, located on DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between University of Surrey in the United Kingdom and Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE) in Dalian, China. Along with other distinguished specializations, Its growing Accounting and Finance Programme have an established international reputation.
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of finance, economics, management and tourism.
NB: While the role, as part of a highly international team of fellow academics, is to teach University of Surrey programmes at Surrey International Institute, the appointment will be made by Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE).
The role will be required to teach accounting modules (such as Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation etc.) in the BSc Accounting and Finance programme of University of Surrey delivered at its SII campus in Dalian, China.
- At least a Master's degree with sufficient relevant working experience or a doctoral degree in Accounting (or in a relevant discipline at the time of appointment).
- Ability to deliver lectures and explain complicated concepts in English.
- Proven experience and capability to deliver high quality teaching.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and/or professional working experience in relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Preferably holds a professional qualified or is at the finalist stage: a) ACCA, b) CIMA, c) CFA, d)CPA Australia, e) AICPA, and f) CGA Canada.
- Our ideal candidate will have proven university teaching and research skills, along with relevant professional experience.
- Successful applicants will be appointed to either lecturer or senior lecturer, depending on qualifications and experience. Those with doctoral qualifications and strong research profiles may be considered for higher ranks:
- Contributing to the development of the taught courses across our undergraduate or postgraduate programs and the delivery of a qualified student learning experience;
- Engaging in course design and management, curriculum review and new course validation processes;
- Participating in and support the accreditation journey of the school, providing teaching, learning and administrative support to the school as a member of Accounting Department;
- Undertaking any such other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by the director.
- We are offering a very competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience, but will compare favorably with leading Chinese Universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as accommodation allowance, a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid leave.
- All academic faculties are encouraged to engage in research activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference attendance and rewards for publications in academic journals.
To apply, please send your CV, a brief covering letter, the main page of your passport and two reference letters of former employers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the applicants who meet the selection criteria will receive a reply from us.
Applications will be processed on receipt until the posts are filled.
For furtrer questions on the advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)