Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor of Biostatistics in college of Nursing
Job Title Assistant/Associate/ Full Professor of Biostatistics in college of Nursing
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar, comprising nine colleges and offering the largest selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in the country. Qatar University seeks the highest international accreditations of its academic programs, while ensuring they are aligned with the growing needs of the labor market and the aspirations of the society it serves. It currently boasts a population of over 20,000 students, and an alumni body of over 40,000.
Qatar University launched the QU Health Cluster in January 2017 to provide closer alignment and integration between the health entities at QU. Together, the College of Medicine, the College of Health Sciences, and the College of Pharmacy create a dynamic environment that embraces experts in the education of health care professionals. Areas of collaboration at QU Health include research, graduate studies, clinical affairs, continuous professional development, inter-professional education, engagement and communication, as well as business operations.
College of Nursing
The College of Nursing is the fifth college Qatar University Health Cluster (QU Health). It is fully aligned with Qatar’ s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan. The college of nursing aspires to be a model for education, research, and service excellence and to deliver innovative academic nursing programs, which meet international standards. As national college, we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide our graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent nurses, to meet the health care needs of this society.
The college of nursing is seeking a faculty member (open rank) in Biostatistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach courses in biostatistics (basic and advanced) , research methodology and others
- Maintain an active research agenda and secure funding through competitive national or international grants
- Mentor the academic development of graduate and undergraduate students through the supervision of theses and capstone projects, respectively
- Contribute to committees that serve the mission of the College and support the operations of the department
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
Required Qualifications and Desired Competencies
- A Ph.D. degree in biostatistics, or a highly related discipline Medical background is preferred
- Experience in teaching both biostatistics and research methods and others
- A record of high quality peer-reviewed research publications preferably in the area of clinical research
- Experience in attracting research grants
- Experience in supervising graduate and undergraduate students
- Familiarity with educational technologies in higher education
- Experience in providing consultation to clinical researchers in design and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective teaching and assessment skills
- Arabic language is preferable, but not mandatory
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.