Research Fellow, Pharmacy
Two Research Fellow (Postdoctoral) positions are available immediately in the laboratory of Assistant Prof. TANG Wei at the National University of Singapore (NUS) (https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/team/asst-prof-tang-wei/).
We are looking for highly motivated and competent research fellows to work on research focusing on building new generation drug delivery technologies for disease visualization, precision nanomedicine, vaccine delivery and immunotherapy. The successful candidate will independently undertake advanced research, lead and promote activities designed to develop collaborative research, collect and analyze research data, prepare reports/presentations/manuscripts, and supervise graduate/undergraduate students.
The projects will be focused on one of the following topics:
- To synthesize inorganic, polymer, and protein-based nanomaterials for the delivery of small molecules and nucleic acids (i.e., mRNA, siRNA, miRNA) for cancer management.
- To design biomaterial-inspired approaches for innovative immunotherapy and vaccine delivery.
- To develop advanced delivery systems to facilitate transport of theranostics across biological barriers, such as the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and the respiratory mucosa.
- PhD degree in chemistry, life sciences, materials science, bioengineering, or related field.
- Good publication records in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proficient in nanomaterial design and synthesis or molecular biology and immunology.
- Experience with animal handling and cell culture techniques.
- Be able to independently lead projects and effectively work in a team.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills, communication skills, and great ability in written and spoken English.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 11781