Assistant Professor (or above) in Engineering
Title Assistant Professor (or above) in Engineering
National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) is a prestigious university in Taiwan with strengths across Engineering, Sciences, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. NCKU is a renowned academic and research institution that attracts numerous domestic and international talents. This post is offered under the Program on Bilingual Education for Students in College (BEST) of Ministry of Education to build a more diverse and international environment for NCKU’s students and you will be fully dedicated to conducting NCKU’s bilingual education policies.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to make a contribution to the development of NCKU’s EMI curriculum development and EMI teaching in the area of engineering. You will conduct bilingual education policies in the area of engineering, and enhance the quality of the educational environment in related areas in support of the University’s continuing emphasis on international excellence. Before the end of each academic year, your working performance will be evaluated with consideration for renewing your contract.
- Develop and sustain the professional development of EMI (English as a medium of instruction) in the area of engineering.
- Conduct bilingual education policies in the area of engineering.
- Engage in ongoing EMI curriculum development, provide suggestions for curriculum and conduct the evaluation of curriculum.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses through the medium of English in the area of Engineering. (Minimum of 8 hours teaching per week)
- Conduct research and academic activities.
- Student advising and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ph.D. in a relevant area of engineering.
- At least one to three-year experience in delivering high-quality teaching in engineering-related subjects at undergraduate or postgraduate level through the medium of English.
- Developed English Language skills sufficient to relay complex information in English both orally and in writing.
- Track record of delivering and developing high quality, relevant teaching and education, including in curriculum development, simulation and digital, remote, or blended learning,
- Solid research and publication record in high quality scholarly journals or strong potential to publish in top-tier refereed journals.
- Track record of winning and delivering successful externally funded grants, world-leading or internationally excellent publications, and impact relevant to the field.
- Commitment to and interest in interdisciplinary and international education and research, including attracting international students.
All applicants are asked to submit:
- A CV
- A covering letter which details your experience, strengths, and potential in the requirements set out above;
- A photocopy of your diploma. If your diploma is acquired abroad, please get your diploma attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in advance.
- Evidence of your experience in teaching engineering-related subjects at the undergraduate or postgraduate level through the medium of English.
- A detailed description of your teaching philosophy in teaching engineering-related subjects through the medium of English.
- Two of your most significant pieces of work/evidence of your pedagogic activity demonstrating scholarship and educational impact in the previous 3 years.
- Two of your most significant pieces of research work demonstrating research affinity in the previous 3 years.
- Names and email of 3 references.
For all domestic applicants and overseas applicants, please submit your application before December 5th, 2021 via email to National Cheng Kung University Office of Strategic Planning at email@example.com.
All applications will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be invited to the University for further assessment. The assessment for the post may include one or two presentations to professors and members of senior management followed by an interview. Specific requirements of interview and topics of teaching demonstration will be provided in the interview invitation. We anticipate that the assessments and interviews will take place in or around January 2022.
In the event that you are unable to attend in person on the date offered, it may not be possible to offer you an interview on an alternative date.
For further information, please contact Allyson Yan-Hua Chen at +886 6 2757575 #51061 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Assistant Professor (or above) in Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly