Department Chair - IT and Engineering
Looking for a qualified and experienced Department Chair - IT and Engineering for its Diploma & Advanced Diploma Programs based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The candidate should have:
- Bachelor Degree in the Mechanical Engineering is essential
- Masters/PhD in the relevant discipline is preferred.
- Professional Leadership or Management Qualification.
- Vocational Teaching Certification (PGCE, PTLLS, DTLLS, etc.)
- Assessor Qualification (A1, Assessor, TAFE, etc.)
- Internal Quality Assurance Certification (V1, IQA, IV, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Vocational Education Teaching, Further Education or Higher Education is required.
- 3 years’ experience in a Management role.
- Fluent in English (IELTS Academic 7.0 or above)
- Familiar with Middle East Culture and experience from the region is an advantage.
The Department Chair is responsible for:
- Develop and supervise the performance and behaviours of a team of teachers in the delivery and assessment of VET Programs.
- Promote the use of student cantered teaching methodologies.
- Monitor, manage and develop resources to ensure consistency and quality in teaching and assessment of student outcomes.
- Support teacher in relation to student management issues.
- Dealing with student and staff issues and complaints and escalating to senior management when necessary.
- Dealing with student and staff discipline, annual staff appraisals, deployment of staff
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Deputy Vice-chancellors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Deans jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Heads of department / Chairs of department jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Directors jobs in United Arab Emirates