Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/ Senior Associate Professor in Learning and Education
SCHOOL: Academy of Future Education
DEPARTMENT: Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE)
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Lifelong Learning Education and Learning Science/Sustainability Education/Entrepreneurship Education
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Associate Professor in Lifelong Learning Education and Learning Science/Sustainability Education/Entrepreneurship Education
LOCATION: Suzhou Campus
Lecturer: 24,076- 26,618/month (with the opportunity to go to 29,759RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
Assistant Professor: 30,207-33,272RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 37,011RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Associate Professor: 37,573 – 40,529 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 44,413RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Senior Associate Professor: 45,087 – 47,778 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 51,292 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 9th of Feb. 2022
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31st of Aug. 2022 (early submission of applications is encouraged)
JOB ID: 2570
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time ☒ Part time ☐
Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended.
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
ACADEMY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Academy of Future Education of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is an educational innovation ecosystem that focuses on research, exploration, support, and dissemination of philosophy and practices for future education. The core mission of the Academy is to impact the education innovation and reform in China and beyond through delivering a variety of projects and programmes that contribute to the future education based on the fundamental approach of developing an ecosystem for educational innovation. Academy of Future Education is constituted by three units including the Department of Educational Studies (EDS), Institute of Leadership & Education Advanced Development (ILEAD), and Educational Development Unit (EDU). The key projects and programmes of the Academy range from master’s and doctoral degree programmes in education, research projects on future education, education innovation community, professional development programmes for educational practitioners and programmes to support student learning excellence to development of online-onsite hybrid learning environment and resources. The academy supports individuals and institutions at all levels including all the K-15 schools as well as vocational education and higher education institutions.
Learning Institute for Future Excellence (LIFE) is dedicated to the promotion and development of lifelong learning at XJTLU and in the wider student community to respond to the opportunities and challenges in the future society. To achieve this, LIFE first aims to enhance students’ transformation from exam-oriented learning modes to the learner-centred and research-led learning. Through the transformation of learning mode, LIFE also aims to promote students’ and awareness and skills as Global Citizens with capacities in digital literacy, sustainable development, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. LIFE is student-centred and it provides a range of programmes covering students’ university journey from registration to alumni and includes degree years and careers; LIFE connects all contributions to lifelong learning in systematic ways as genuine platform, including IBSS employability, Taicang entrepreneurialism, Extended Education System, English continuing support, Modern Languages, Think Tank initiatives on research-led teaching and teaching-led research, Centre of Student Affairs project, the networks of all advisors to students and more. In addition, LIFE works with CKI to widen participation and offer lifelong online learning opportunities that are free or affordable into Chinese communities especially in SIP and Suzhou.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver teaching and learning projects and activities of lifelong learning education/sustainable development education/entrepreneurship education, including credit and non-credit modules at both UG and PG levels as well as optional programmes for XJTLU students and the wider community of learners;
- Advise on the designing and development of projects and activities of LIFE from the perspective of sustainable development education;
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues and units at XJTLU and external partners for the development and delivery of sustainable development education at different levels;
- Support the projects and activities of LIFE according to the planning of the department and work with other team members actively and professionally;
- Supervise PhD students and Master’s students from the programmes of Academy of Future Education;
- Conduct academic research in education, especially sustainable development education;
- Workload expectation: 40% teaching, 40% research, and 20% service.
- Doctoral degree in fields related to lifelong learning and learning science/sustainable development education/entrepreneurship education;
- Rich experience of designing and delivering projects and activities of lifelong learning and learning science/sustainable development education/entrepreneurship education;
- Rich experience of teaching at the university level with positive feedback from students and other stakeholders;
- Clear understanding and acknowledgement of student-centred and research-led learning;
- Passion for working with the students by offering guidance and advice on the development of their capacity of lifelong learning;
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must be comply with the regulations with the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas.
Please send your application online. Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.