Faculty Position in Cybersecurity, College of Computer and Information Sciences
- PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 09 Feb 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Jun 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The College of Computer and Information Science (CCIS) at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world-class education in Computing, Information Systems, and Engineering for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The College offers Bachelors of Computer Science, Bachelors of Information Systems, Bachelors of Software Engineering, Master of Software Engineering, Master of Cybersecurity programs, and soon Ph.D. program. The Bachelor of Computer Science program and the Information Systems programs are ABET-accredited, the Software Engineering Program is expected to attain ABET accreditation status in 2022.
The CCIS Graduate Program at Prince Sultan University seeks applicants with the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for the upcoming Academic Year 2022/2023, which starts in September 2022. Qualified Candidates with suitable experience in academic and industry who are able to contribute in the areas of:
- Cybersecurity Governance, Risk Management, Compliance.
- Cryptography (applied and quantum) and IT privacy.
- Cybersecurity in emerging technologies and distributed systems such as blockchain, IoT, AI.
- ISO, NIST, COBIT, and related international standards
- Cyber-Physical System Security, Penetration Testing, and Ethical Hacking.
- The position requires a Ph.D. Degree in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, or equivalent. A suitable candidate would demonstrate:
- Quality teaching and learning delivery approach.
- A track record of or the potential to securing external funding and producing high-quality, independent, and collaborative research.
- A track record of or evidence of potential for publication in leading international peer-reviewed journals (ISI and Scopus Q1, Q2). Further, should be able to build up research teams, research fund proposals, etc.
- Experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students.
- The ability to develop new areas of the curriculum should the need arise
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience, and knowledge. Successful candidates will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, conduct research, supervise student work, and engage in academic scholarship and administrative work towards the college and the community.
ABOUT CCIS GRADUATE PROGRAM:
The CCIS Graduate Program aspires to prepare top quality graduates for the job market by providing them with a rigorous and thorough, up-to-date computing. The Program is set to establish a solid base for a pioneering software engineering, cybersecurity and data science industry. In which, preparation of qualified experts and leaders in these areas are highlighted not only through industry best practice but also through constructive applied research. The program has two active master programs i.e. cybersecurity and software engineering, and working on establishing Ph.D. and introduce other master programs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with a cover letter to: Recruitment office Email:email@example.com
College/Department recruitment coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Office of the Rector
Prince Sultan University
P.O. Box 66833
Saudi Arabia Phone: +966-11-494-8225 Fax: +966-11-494-8010 Email Address: email@example.com
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.