Lecturer Position in Mathematics, College of Humanities and Sciences
The Preparatory Year Program (PYP) at Prince Sultan University is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following faculty positions:
- - MATHEMATICS PYP LECTURER
Accepted applicants will begin FALL 2022 and the teaching load is between 16-20 contact hours per semester.
Applicants are expected to:
- have a Master’s degree in Mathematics, and the degree has to be earned from an accredited university and on-site as a full-time student.
- have experience teaching in higher education.
- be proficient in English (As all teaching and advising are in English, an excellent standard of spoken and written English is required.).
- have very good interpersonal skills.
- use information technology effectively.
- be willing to make valuable contributions to the program, departmental committees, and workshops/seminars/scholarly/student activities.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and names of two references. Review of applications will begin January 30, 2022 and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
ABOUT THE PREPARATORY YEAR PROGRAM (PYP)
The Preparatory Year Program is a one year program which bridges the gap between high school and higher education. In the PYP, students develop the numerical, linguistic, digital practical, and study skills necessary to succeed at the college level as required per academic discipline. The PYP is a vibrant and energetic program. On a daily basis, students engage with a diverse group of highly experienced and enthusiastic faculty members and administrative staff. During the one year program, and in a supportive and collaborative learning environment, PYP students are encouraged to immerse themselves in a range of academic and extracurricular activities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with a cover letter to: Recruitment office Email: email@example.com
Postal Address: Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Office of the Rector
Prince Sultan University
P.O. Box 66833
Saudi Arabia Phone: +966-11-494-8225 Fax: +966-11-494-8010 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.