Lecturer, School of Science and Technology
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the School of Science & Technology for the following post(s):
Lecturer (Ref. No.: 2200069)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Providing assistance in the course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom, laboratory class and field-based teaching) in related disciplines;
- Engaging in scholarly and student development activities; and
- Participating in School / University activities and administration.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- A higher degree, preferably a doctorate degree in Building Services Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science, Electronic Engineering, Educational Technology, Environmental Science, Information Technology, Life Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Testing and Certification, or a related discipline;
- Relevant teaching experience including programme development and course administration;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction; and
- A record of publication and research funding will be an advantage.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 11 February 2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.