Senior Research Scientist
(Senior Research Scientist) -(
2. Job Purpose
- Produce high quality research, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Develop new research opportunities and manage research activities.
- Supervise students and other researchers in their research activities.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To be responsible for the analytical and computational modeling aspects of a number of research problems involving nonlinear science (soliton theory).
3. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate, define and manage research projects or programs (both internal to KU and/or with collaborative partners) to ensure alignment and underpinning of KU’s strategic objectives.
- Provide line management, mentoring or guidance of researchers, technicians or students (as required).
- Build strong relationships with key people in the lines of business of KU’s partners and work with others as necessary inside KU to deliver value from research.
- Contribute to KU’s world-class standing in research and innovation through scholarly publication, disclosure and support for the filing of intellectual property based on research results and other appropriate communication, including internal reports or presentations and external presentations to partners and peers.
- Integrate leading edge science and/or technology across disciplines.
- Develop and/or support the development of a strategy for his/her line manager to achieve research excellence in his/her field.
- Propose and pursue new research funding opportunities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the designated team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend for subordinates appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
4. Qualifications & Experience
- PhD or Terminal Degree comparable to Assistant Professor
- Min.(5+) years Postdoc experience with proven research achievements/records or min. (2+) years’ experience as a Research Scientist or equivalent.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Senior Research Scientist
Job Type: Full-time