Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
Project aims to design and develop bendable all-solid-state Na-ion battery. One of the challenging tasks is to produce flexible solid electrolytes with high Na-ion conduction and negligible electronic/protonic conduction. The electrolyte must have high stability in aqueous and non-aqueous environment. The end goal is to integrate those solid electrolytes in all-solid-state Na-ion battery along with well-established cathode and anode materials. Charge transfer resistance(s) at the interfaces will be addressed specifically to reduce the total internal resistance of the proposed solid-state Na-ion battery. Storage performance of such bendable all-solid-state Na-ion batteries will be tested at abuse conditions.
- Have submitted/completed Ph.D. in Materials Science & Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Physics or Chemistry or closely related field.
- The candidate is expected to have sound knowledge on synthesis and characterization of ceramic materials and ceramic/polymer composites.
- Experience on structural analysis using X-ray diffraction Rietveld refinement.
- Experience in characterization of solid electrolytes using XPS, ATR-FTIR and TEM.
- Expertise in electrochemical impedance spectroscopy to evaluate ionic conductivity of the proposed solid electrolytes; experience on transference number measurement; experience in using the micro contact probe station for measurement of bulk and grain boundary conductivities of the solid electrolyte materials.
- Experience in preparing cathode, anode and solid electrolyte materials for Li-ion or Na-ion batteries; assembly of solid-state battery and characterization of solid-solid interfaces.
- Be a highly motivated, a good communicator (written and verbal), and passionate about battery research.
- Be a strong team player with a keen interest to mentor team members.
- Have a strong desire to be involved in translational research in addition to the planned basic research.
Applicants who are interested in this position, please send your application with the following documents:
- List of publications
- Three reference letters
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11851