University Assistant Officer, Assessment Support
4 days left
- Full Time
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Administration - Exams
Contract Type Permanent
As a University Assistant Officer you will provide a first-class administrative and operational service in support of the running of Exams at BPP. You will be a key member of the Assessment Team (Exams Operations), working with BPP’s centres across London to support the running of Exams and provide excellent assessment services for BPP students.
Where necessary you will be expected to assist other Assessment teams within the Registry department during peak times which may include all regular administrative duties (answering phones, responding to students’ queries via email/chat/CMS, sending out transcripts) to ensure the success of assessment operations at BPP University.
We are recruiting for this role across England. The role can be based at any of the following BPP University sites London, Birmingham, Doncaster, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Reading and Southampton.
- Organising online assessments
- Responding to student queries via phone, email, online system
- Booking Venues/Rooms and liaising with venues and agents
- Preparation of Exam packs
- Set up of rooms for exams (including equipment)
- Running exams on the day, including learning support Exams
- Releasing venue information to students
- Booking, training, and managing invigilators (internal and external)
- Preparation of sitter lists
- Additional responsibilities applicable to the post holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the position
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures and codes of conduct and GDPR.
- Participate in training and professional development associated with the role
Department Registry Operations - Assessments
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
- Experience of working in a professional academic support team, in a higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative setting.
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with students and staff in a helpful and professional manner
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload working to often competing deadlines in a calm manner
- Ability to interpret and apply academic regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work
- Evidence of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in delivery of assessment services for students
- Confident individual with a strong team working ethic with a can-do attitude
Contract Hours 37.50