Research Assistant, Asia Competitiveness Institute
The RAs will be members of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy - Asia Competitiveness Institute (ACI) research team, working under ACI Director, Professor Paul Cheung, to work on a number of projects.
We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in quantitative research methods and familiar with economic development of China, India or Indonesia and their trade relationships to ASEAN and Asia. Candidate must be comfortable and proficient with statistical software such as STATA, and advanced programming languages.
Candidates should have an interest in public policies and economies, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and a strong willingness to learn about new topics and tools. Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
Responsibilities of the full-time Research Assistant include
- Conduct literature reviews Collect, clean, format and prepare research data Perform quantitative data analysis, simulation and estimation on ongoing and new research projects
- Independently collect and manage primary and/or secondary data for research projects
- Contribute to papers, research briefings, book chapters and summaries Prepare presentation materials for meetings, conference, etc Prepare manuscripts for submission, and other administrative work
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Economics, Mathematics or equivalent. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Familiar with Economic Development of China, India or Indonesia and their trade relationships to ASEAN and Asia
- Possess experience in conducting quantitative research will be preferred Possess experience in preparing independently literature reviews, data collection and data analysis, etc Demonstrate good organisational and analytical skills Excellent competencies in English and Mandarin to conduct related research and literature reviews. Able to commit to at least 1 year of service
Please include the following documents in the application:
- One-page cover letter, with a brief statement of relevant research experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates & Transcripts (undergraduate and Masters, as relevant):
- Scanned copies for initial application
- One writing sample (min. 500 words)
- Details of two referees (preferably academic) who can comment on the applicant’s academic abilities and research experience
Please send electronic submissions to email@example.com