Research Fellow in Pharmacy
Application closing date 21/02/2022
Salary £34,304 per annum.
Job category/type Research
Research Fellow in Pharmacy
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Queen’s University Belfast’s Pharmaceutical Engineering research team assisting in the technological development and commercial exploitation of drug loaded surgical sutures for improved post-surgical wound care and management and assist in the planning and delivery of research activity so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
You will be involved in the Design, development, preparation, and full evaluation of innovative prototype surgical sutures loaded with active ingredients in the remit of the project and with the aid of the project PI. Product evaluations may include texture analysis, thermal analyses, spectroscopic analyses, suture characteristics (memory, knot security, coefficient of friction), drug release testing, biodegradation profile, antimicrobial effectiveness and, ex-vivo permeation studies.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related discipline (Minimum standard 2.1)
- Have, or about to obtain, a PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical technology, or pharmaceutical engineering.
- Minimum of three years recent relevant research experience
- Recent, relevant, experience in formulation development, pharmaceutical analysis (including thermal analyses, spectroscopic analyses, HPLC).
- Demonstrable experience of preparing materials for publication in international scientific journals.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing materials for dissemination at national and/or international conferences.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
This is a fixed term contract available until 30 April 2023.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing various staff networks such as iRise and PRISM which help us to progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena SWAN award. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit:
www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquires may be directed to: Dr. Yi Ge at firstname.lastname@example.org.