Research Associate/Research Fellow, Level ARAS/BRF
- Based in the UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences Unit at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute Building, City West campus
- Full-time (1.0FTE), 3 year fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $90,451 (Level ARAS) or $101,784 (Level BRF) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
This position is an exciting opportunity to join Australian Centre for Precision Health and to work with world leading researchers to develop and apply new genetic methods for causality testing and risk prediction, with an opportunity to collaborate on various projects with colleagues in leading institutions around the world. This position will offer the opportunity to work at all levels of research from establishing research questions through to high quality research outputs.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
The healthcare industry is constantly changing through the development of new technologies and approaches to care, in order to improve the detection, diagnosis and management of chronic and acute illness, as well as keeping populations healthy. Our degrees are designed and delivered to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry, ensuring graduates are career ready and equipped with the skills to meet future demands.
Home to the University of South Australia Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre and with key research concentrations in the areas of precision health, mental health and suicide prevention, nursing and midwifery workforce development, drug discovery, pharmaceutical innovation, health and disease biology, and food nutrition , we continue to meet community health needs and contribute to a healthier society.
The Australian Centre for Precision Health (ACPreH) is a newly created University of South Australia flagship research concentration located at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute. It brings together a multidisciplinary group of leading experts in genomics, population health and evidence translation to create the next generation of solutions.
- Contribute to planning of research by participating in planning sessions, reviewing literature, writing high-impact papers including systematic reviews, drafting proposals and research grant applications
- Contribute to the execution of research by participating in the management and analysis of data with an opportunity to apply new methods and explore new directions
- Contribute to the dissemination of new knowledge by drafting reports, abstracts, scientific papers and other instruments providing accounts of research undertaking and the findings observed
- Contribute to the supervision of Honours, Masters and PhD students, as required.
- Contribute to a safe and ethical working environment by complying with human ethics, animal ethics, privacy and other appropriate guidelines
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in epidemiology, statistics, genetics, statistical genomics or a related discipline. We also welcome applicants from any other discipline with evidence of a demonstrated ability and interest to contribute to the research areas of focus
- A developing/strong record of research achievement as demonstrated by publications, conference papers and other research activities, commensurate with opportunity
- Demonstrated analytical skills with experience on epidemiological and/or genetic association analyses
- Proven high-level problem-solving and organizational skills to manage competing demands and meet project timelines.
- High-level written communication skills with the ability to present information effectively and clearly to a wide audience and a variety of stakeholders, especially writing for publication
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3830.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 28 February 2022
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.