Faculty Central (FEPS)
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £21,135 to £24,871 Per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 18 February 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
An exciting opportunity to broaden your horizons and learn skills in a busy and successful environment.
We are seeking an Administrator to join the Faculty Operating Service in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
Successful candidate will provide effective and professional administration for equality, diversity and inclusion activities and support for the Senior Managers within the School of Electronics and Computer Science (ECS). We are keen to hear from self-motivated and proactive team players who can work collegially across the School and Faculty.
You will have:
- Previous experience of providing effective and efficient administrative support, ideally in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion activities
- A proven track record in identifying and resolving issues on behalf of senior colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally experience of editing staff newsletter
- The ability to mobilise quickly to ensure that key issues are progressed to meet challenging time scales, and a proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- Good inter-personal skills, the ability to build effective and credible working relationships and be a strong team-player
- Up-to-date MS Office skills.
The vacancy is a continuous full time position for 36 hours a week (1 FTE) over five days Monday to Friday. Part-time arrangements will be considered.
ECS is Athena SWAN bronze recognised and it provides a unique, friendly and supportive environment. We have a range of staff development programmes and a unique mentoring and wellbeing scheme. We strongly recommend that you visit https://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/workinghere and here https://talentedu.com/ecs/ to find out more about working in ECS.
University holds Athena SWAN silver award.
And, with access to onsite childcare facilities and a childcare vouchers scheme, our comprehensive benefits package also includes a contributory pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, subsidised health and fitness facilities, a cycle-to-work scheme and a range of discounts.
The University of Southampton is committed to sustainability and being a globally responsible university and has been awarded the Platinum EcoAward.
For further information about the positions, please contact Dorota A. Sikorska, Executive Officer at email@example.com
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Jane Sturgeon (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1671122GN on all correspondence.