Clinical Educator, Education Focused
- Full time fixed term until February 2025
- Education focused role in Restorative Dentistry and Integrated Clinics
- Base Salary $119,170.00 + dental loading + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
This position will play a significant role in teaching in the Simulation Clinic and Integrated Clinics at the School of Dentistry within the Faculty of Medicine and Health. The role requires a motivated clinical educator with experience in working in a clinical setting, teaching in a tertiary environment, supervising or mentoring students and coordinating team activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- teach into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Simulation and Integrated Clinics, and may take on responsibility for unit of study coordination and contribute to curriculum development
- contribute to the Faculty's academic program of innovation in education and excellence in governance
- contribute to administrative aspects of teaching, research, and community-industry engagement
- have opportunities to engage with the profession of Dentistry and the public, and collaborate with our clinical partners and staff in research, teaching, and industry engagement
- work as an effective team member and, as required, coordinate units of study.
- postgraduate qualifications (DDS/DMD degree or equivalent) and extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and qualifications/training.
- eligible for registration in NSW as health professional in relevant discipline- Registered/Registerable in Australia as dentist
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate students in the provision of outstanding patient care.
- excellent communication skills
- demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a range of roles in diverse teams.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59 pm 7th February 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.