Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION MANAGEMENT AND POLICY STUDIES
POST TITLE: LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be expected to fulfil the duties of a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in the Department: Education Management and Policy Studies as described in the minimum requirements.
These duties include:
- The curriculum development of and lecturing of modules in the programme(s) based in the department.
- In addition, the incumbent will pursue research activities such as own research, research-based publications and the supervision of post graduate students registered in the department.
- Develop, present and co-ordinate undergraduate and post graduate courses for pre-service and in-service teachers and other students for contact and distance presentation
- Mentor students for practice teaching/work integrated learning
- Use a learning management system to develop and present courses
- Present lectures and programmes in an E-learning environment
- Provide a significant contribution to research outputs, post graduate teaching and supervision
- Master’s degree in Education Management and Policy Studies;
- At least one publication in an accredited journal or equivalent units;
- Evidence of teaching experience for example being a demonstrator or tutor or lecturer;
- Academic administrative experience.
- PhD in Education Management and Policy Studies
- Teaching experience (at least 3 years) in Education Management and Policy Studies at a Higher Education Institution)
- Conduct own research, research projects and evidence of at least 5 publications in accredited journals or an average of 1 article per year for the last 3 years in such journals, or equivalent outputs. Involvement in research and evidence of at least 5 publications in accredited journals or an average of 1 article per year for the last 3 years in such journals or equivalent outputs
- Evidence of successful Masters and Doctoral supervision
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills in teaching and supervision
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team
- Knowledge in the field of Science Education
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Evidence of module and programme coordination responsibilities and membership of committees in department, faculty or professional (academic) bodies.
- Participation in departmental meetings
- Evidence of involvement in community engagement programmes
The total remuneration package for this position will be determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 03 February 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Siza Zitha, Tel: (012) 420 5985 for application-related enquiries, and Prof C Hartel, Tel: (012) 420 2092 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 March 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.