Lecturer/Teaching Fellow/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Financial Mathematics
Lecturer/ Teaching fellow / Assistant professor / Associate professor in Financial and Actuarial Mathematics (Financial Mathematics)
DEPARTMENT: Department of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Financial Mathematics
POSITION TITLE: Lecturer/ Teaching fellow / Assistant professor / Associate professor
LOCATION: Suzhou Campus
SALARY: Salary and benefits packages are competitive and commensurate with rank and experience.
- Associate Professor: 37,573 - 40,526RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 44,413RMB based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
- Assistant Professor & Teaching Fellow: 30,207 - 33,273RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 37,011RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post).
- Lecturer: 24,076- 26,618/month (with the opportunity to go to 29,759RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in the post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: Open till filled
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 30th April 2022. Shortlisting will be conducted on regularly basis.
JOB ID: 2363
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The Department of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics (FAM) at the School of Science is devoted to education and research for undergraduate and postgraduate students in the financial and actuarial fields.
Department of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics (FAM) is a friendly and academic-inspiring hub for researchers, educators, students in financial mathematics, actuarial science, and statistics. Our department is a well-established education centre for financial mathematics and actuarial science at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The department has diversified research areas with focus on financial mathematics, actuarial science, statistics and probability. The department also provide PhD degree education in these research areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct high-quality research as shown by publications in leading journals.
- Actively pursue external research funding.
- Supervise PhD students, Master and undergraduate student projects.
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate students in English.
- Contribute to the functioning of the department and school.
The successful candidate is expected to deliver lectures and tutorials in the areas such as financial mathematics, quantitative finance, risk quantification, financial risk management, machine learning/AI in finance or similar areas depending on the evolving needs of the department. The successful candidates are also expected to supervise undergraduate and graduate students in research and contribute to the university in terms of service and administration. The work load in teaching and administration is comparable to other research led universities. Successful candidates are also expected to apply for internal and external funding opportunities.
- Self-motivated and being able to motivate others;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong team player;
- Proactive and flexible;
- Able to work in an environment where diversity and inclusiveness is appreciated
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree from a reputable doctoral program.
- For early career candidates, we expect to recruit the candidates with promising research and teaching potential.
- Candidates for the position of Associate Professor should have a strong track record in teaching and academic supervision, as well as an international research profile in their fields and a successful record of research funding.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in conducting research supported by national-level research funds.
- Experience in academic programme design and development.
- Experience in supervision of PhD student projects.
- International Professional qualifications/membership recognized in Financial and Insurance Industry.
Members of Academic Staff receive generous subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, and medical insurance. A relocation allowance is provided. Non-Chinese passport holders may qualify for multi-year income tax “holidays”, depending on nationality and tax residency.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application online:
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email Deputy Dean of School, Dr. Conghua Wen at Conghua.email@example.com. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at Mengdie.Sun@xjtlu.edu.cn.