Early Childhood Educator and Teacher
- Salary: Depending on qualification:
- Certificate III - HEW Level 2 (from $39.14 - $41.21 per hour)
- Diploma - HEW Level 4 (from $47.33 - $51.01 per hour)
- 3 year trained ECT - HEW Level 5 (from $51.61 - $58.68 per hour)
- 4 year trained ECT - HEW Level 6 (from $59.45 - $65.62 per hour)
- Appointment Type: Casual
- Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre, Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
- Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions, applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre is a long-day early childhood school with a national and international reputation for excellence in early childhood education and teaching.
Mia Mia is the demonstration program for the Macquarie School of Education and provides students, researchers, academics and other educators with premium opportunities for educational training, mentoring, observation and research. Mia Mia is also a site of innovative practice.
We are seeking casual early childhood educators and teachers to play an important role in our early childhood school. You will be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team who seek to provide a happy and stimulating learning environment for children from six weeks old to when they start school.
You will be studying or have completed your Certificate III in ECEC, Diploma in ECEC or Bachelor or Masters degree in Early Childhood Teaching. You will be motivated and passionate to work with children to support the team in delivering quality, engaging play-based learning experiences.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- An Early Childhood qualification OR actively working towards a qualification
- A current Working With Children (WWC) Check
- First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience teaching in early childhood is desirable but not essential.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- An understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
Applications Close: Sunday 30 January 2022 at 11:55PM AEST
Specific Role Enquiries: Director of Mia Mia Child and Family Study Centre, Catherine Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Grace Deng, HR Assistant, at email@example.com
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University's values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.