Research Associate, Facade Expert
The Research Associate will be actively involved in the development of innovative building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) facades, predominately for the retrofit of existing buildings. The candidate is also expected to build mock-ups and/or testbeds in a real-world environment to demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed solutions.
The candidate shall compile the findings and innovations in an interactive database for BIPV in Singapore and share them in outreach activities with the wider community of stakeholders. In addition, the candidate will be engaged in R&D and service activities with other research groups and/or industry partners, including (but not limited to) building-integrated photovoltaics façade and PE/ZE/SLE buildings (positive energy / zero energy / super-low energy).
Activities also include:
- Review current publications, and apply them to the specific case of Singapore to evaluate the BIPV potential ;
- Conduct simulation with BEST (building energy simulation tools) and carry out building energy simulations (with and without BIPV facades);
- Other duties as they evolve.
- Masters degree in Building Physics, Civil Engineering or Architecture;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience with facades and building envelopes;
- Detailed knowledge of building science, facades, passive technologies;
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and standards (civil, mechanical, electrical, fire safety, etc.);
- Building simulation experiences (BIM, Rhino, IES, or other building energy simulations);
- Proven track record with industry projects;
- Relevant publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated, outstanding project management experience;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge on experimental/theoretical research related to building physics / civil engineering / architecture;
- Ability to present work to other scientists and industry partners in the field in a clear and concise manner;
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 6842