Research Engineer, Computing in Geophysics and Geotechnical Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of NUS invites applications for Research Engineer/ Assistant well verse in computing to contribute to the field of Geophysics and Geotechnical Engineering.
Successful applicant is expected to work under the City of Tomorrow NRF & MND funded project, Focus Area 5: Geophysical investigation for tunnel look ahead. The tunnelling risks for tunnel boring machine (TBM) during the underground excavation are highly related to the geological conditions and the tunnelling environment. This project involves state-of-the-art sensing and signal processing technology, to provide valuable information about the risks ahead of the TBM cutter face. This position is to perform research and development in designing non-intrusive geophysical sensing and processing system integrated in a TBM tunnel environment in Singapore. Successful candidate will enjoy the opportunity to work on real-life projects with an interdisciplinary group of geoscientists, civil engineers, and government regulators.
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Geophysics, Mathematics or related fields
- Experience and knowledge in computer network implementation, data management, and/ or wireless network services
- Strong motivation to self-teach and work independently on challenging engineering problems
- General curiosity, critical thinking, and teamwork spirit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7678