Application Support Specialist
Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 10 February 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Application Support Team are responsible for the software and digital services that underpin the work undertaken by Wessex Institute to manage research grant activities on behalf of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). We are looking for a talented technical individual to deploy and maintain our broad range of off-the-shelf and bespoke applications. Join us on our transformation towards modern, cloud-hosted solutions.
About the Role
We’re looking for candidates who understand the value of delivering well-architected and testable solutions with clear, concise documentation. You will be working as part of a team of highly motivated individuals who are committed to delivering high-quality solutions to enable the research activities of the Wessex Institute. If you are keen and relish working to high standards, then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our users and third-party suppliers to design & document solutions to facilitate and manage the provision of research grant activities. This will involve analysis, testing, configuration, and maintenance of applications in support of these research activities.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of services, from design to implementation.
- We’re particularly looking for candidates who would like to expand on their current knowledge of supporting bespoke software tailored to our specific requirements.
Experience of using the following techniques / tools would be advantage:
- Full product lifecycle development
- Software testing disciplines and practices
- Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel etc)
- Third Party engagement / management
This is a full time, permanent role and the successful applicant will have skill level, equivalent to achievement of HND, Degree, NVQ4 in an appropriate subject area.
Location base is Wessex Institute, Chilworth, University of Southampton Science Park, although staff are temporarily working remotely. There will be an element of flexible working, office based and home working on re-opening of the offices.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexitime and flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Nash (HR Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email email@example.com Please quote reference 1620821VB-R on all correspondence.