Data and Technology Tutor
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile Teaching - Technology Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
To develop and deliver innovative and high-quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of our corporate employers.
You will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, personal tuition, project supervision and coaching, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform). The role will include some evening teaching (sessions usually 6pm – 8pm) which could be delivered either face to face or online, dependent upon the programme.
You may also be required to support business development, undertake thought leadership activities, and/or learner recruitment and client engagement activities, such as attending client briefings and/or recruitment events.
BPP’s School of Technology has been formed to address the emerging skills gap created by the impact of new technology in business. With a strong track record and broad capabilities spanning apprenticeships, higher education, professional development and professional qualifications globally; we are well placed to expand our delivery into new markets through the development of new products and services.
Our primary objective is to design, develop and deliver high quality academic and vocational programmes to up skill and improve workforce capability.
We are recruiting for tutors to support the delivery and development of both Technical (L3/4) and Degree Apprenticeship programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with significant experience in their discipline, excited to pass on their passion for their specialist area to students, apprentices, clients and peers and use their professional expertise to develop careers in Apprenticeships and Higher Education.
- Maintain a deep, relevant understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators; complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
- Bring professional expertise and an understanding of the current, corporate landscape into teaching and learning.
- Develop tailored corporate training offerings based on relevant professional experience and expertise to a mix of students – Apprentices, Degree Apprentices and corporate clients.
- Provide professional developmental insight and use coaching models to support in work or academic projects as required.
- Undertake thought leadership activities that contribute to the School's knowledge base and increases its profile among potential students and clients.
- Engage with commercial and business development activities and provide client liaison as required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Department School of Technology
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles
- Understanding of organisational capability requirements in specialist area
- Leadership, training or staff development experience
- Experience of delivering presentations or public speaking
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- A commercial focus
- Digitally literate
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications
- Understanding of work based learning
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
As you would expect from a leading education provider, BPP invests heavily in your career development. We provide a comprehensive in-house leadership and management training programme and a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP's courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree – and your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
Contract Hours 37.50