Lecturer in Media and Communications, Marketing and Communications
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Arts
Department/School: School of Culture and Communication
Salary: $107,547 - $127,707 (Level B)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and strongly encourages people with diverse experiences to apply. This includes First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, Deaf and hard of hearing people, people with a disability, LGBTIQ+, and neurodiverse people. If you have any accessibility requirements for the application or interview, please contact us. We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. A position description is available in alternate formats if required, including USB, Large Print and Plain English.
The Faculty actively seeks to welcome and value the unique contributions of people from all backgrounds and is committed to diversity and inclusion practices to achieve our vision.
About the Role
The Lecturer in Media and Communications (Marketing and Communications) will coordinate and teach in the graduate and undergraduate programs of Media and Communications, with an emphasis on the Master of Marketing Communications. An ability to teach subjects related to marketing and strategic communications is essential. Other responsibilities include supervising honours, minor theses and PhD students. The Lecturer will be expected to have a strong track record of research and publications and the ability to contribute to the development of existing and future research projects, including participation as an investigator on ARC and/or externally funded research projects. The specific area of research focus is open, but an ability to complement and diversify existing research strengths in the Media and Communications Program is an advantage.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Coordinate and deliver subjects, including overseas subjects and other student mobility programs
- Produce research outputs including peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, books, creative works and commissioned reports
- Supervise graduate research
You are an academic with experience in course coordination, as well as, experience in the supervision of honours and postgraduate degree by coursework theses. Your strong record in research and developing publication profile, and experience attracting research grants will see you succeed in this position.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A completed PhD in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated specialisation in media and communications, with particular expertise in marketing communications
- Demonstrated ability for excellence in teaching both media and marketing communications subjects including the capacity to initiate course development at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Position Description: 0054141_Media and Communication (MMC)_PD.pdf
Applications close: 23 Feb 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time