Research Assistant/Research Fellow, STEM College
- Full-time, Fixed Term (36 months) 2 roles available
- Salary Academic Level A or B (depending on candidate's experience) + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
As the Research Assistant, you will undertake research activities in line with the University's research strategy, specifically in areas related to the ARC Laureate Fellowship project. It is expected that you will work with an increasing degree of autonomy as skills and experience develop.
As the Research Fellow, you will carry out independent and/or team research that has a significant impact in your specialisation, specifically in areas related to the ARC Laureate Fellowship project. It is expected that you will produce outstanding research outcomes.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- For Level A appointment: Mandatory: Already completed PhD or will submit PhD thesis within six months or with equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
- For Level B appointment: Mandatory: PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Outstanding track record and high-quality research outputs in one or more of the following areas:
- design and construction of innovative structures;
- digital design for free-form architecture;
- high-performance computation, cloud computing, computer programming and graphic user interface;
- robotic fabrication and advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Capability to work effectively both as a member of a research team and independently when required to meet project outcomes and milestones.
- Experience and ability to supervise higher degree by research students.
- Ability to build effective networks with colleagues and generate research funding through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for interacting with research students, staff and external stakeholders, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff.
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and address the Key Selection Criteria separately for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Diana Ruiz via email email@example.com
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
20 Feb 2022 11:59 pm