Research Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering
A postdoctoral research position is available in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering of the United Arab Emirates University. The project is based on 4D-Printing of the Biomimetic Morphing Hydrogel for Solar Based Water Purification.
Master’s in Green Energy Technology and PhD in Solar Energy related field
Strong background in solar energy applications, PV simulation, 2D materials, device fabrication, and characterization.
- Significant experience and technical skills in solar cell devices simulations, wet chemical fabrication etc.
- Experience with 2D materials such as functionalized graphene/borophene and their derivatives.
- Experience in graphene-based devices for solar energy applications.
- Familiarity with software like Ansys, SCAPS, Lab-View, MW Office etc.
- Demonstrated independent publication in international peer-reviewed journals and conferences as peer reviewed proceedings in solar-related materials and simulation is desirable.
- Candidate having teaching experience in reputed college/university for more than 1 year will be preferred.
- Candidate will plan, perform and manage research projects independently, and as part of a team, and disseminate results via peer-reviewed journals.
- Adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands.
- We are looking for a person who can work both in the simulation and the experiments as well as will interact broadly, both within the laboratories and with other research groups, and faculty members in the department who share a spirit of interaction and collaboration.
- In our group we value independent critical thinking and candid discussion of all aspects of science.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit their curriculum vitae along with the contact information of a minimum of two referees
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research & Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 19-06-2022
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant