Assistant Professor in Economics
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65,000 graduates. The “UAEU will continue its positive contribution to the advancement of UAE by delivering undergraduate and graduate education that meets international standards, engaging effectively with the community and the world to foster knowledge creation and dissemination, and enhancing the research capacity of the country.” (mission statement). With the vision of “Leadership and innovation in higher education, research and community service at national and international levels.” UAEU invites applications for a faculty position (Assistant Professorship) in Economics within the College of Business and Economics (CBE). The CBE has been accredited by AACSB since 2000.
Candidates are expected to have:
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise that will result in publishing his/her research findings in refereed journals.
- The ability to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Economics program and the College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the UAEU through personal outreach and outreach with students to the public and private sectors.
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations.
- Participate in committees at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned.
- Provide consultancy to researchers, and the business community.
- A Ph.D. in Economics (granted or nearly completed) from an internationally recognized university and AACSB-accredited school.
- A research record in Economics; and demonstrated ability to publish in leading international journals.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment.
- Experience in teaching Economics courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Open to cross-disciplinary cooperation in research, teaching and program development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as a flexible and versatile team player.
The application package should include
- a cover letter,
- a detailed resume,
- names of at least three references with contact information,
- research statement,
- teaching statement that includes a list of courses taught, and
- sample of students’ teaching evaluations during the past recent semesters.
English is the language of instruction and communication within the CBE. To apply, visit UAEU’s website https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae and attach all the required documents to the website.
Preferred Qualification Professional and industry experience in Economics.
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Innovation in Govt. & Society-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty