Application Support Analyst
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile IT - IT Support
Contract Type Permanent
- To provide diagnostic and cause analysis incident support for identified internal applications.
- To support business requirements through provision of application services, specifically Dynamics AX 2012 and/or 365 amongst other applications
- To act as the operational technical expert for identified applications, sharing knowledge as appropriate through intranet documentation and running training sessions.
This role can be based in Manchester or London and will be on a Hybrid contract with Home and Office based working.
- Triaging and managing incident and request tickets using internal ticket management software.
- Diagnosing causes of incidents, reported by students and staff that are related to application services, and recommending options to resolve the problem.
- Providing support of business processes that use one or many applications or application services.
- Acting as operational technical expert for identified applications, sharing knowledge as appropriate through intranet documentation and training sessions.
- Supporting business requirements through provision of application services.
- Liaising with IT infrastructure services, in support of applications maintenance and development activities.
- Co-ordinating and assisting each line of business with opportunities for shared applications and common business efficiencies.
- Supporting improvement initiatives involving business applications.
- Supporting the strategy for strategic, tactical and maintenance activities.
- Taking responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance; and change management.
- Supporting other application team members as appropriate for the implementation of application related activities.
- Carrying out other tasks as agreed with the internal Application Support Manager.
Department Technology - Operations
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester
- Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification and experience
- Typically three to five years of working within an IT team, providing 2nd/3rd line technical support of applications. Some development experience is beneficial. Aware of industry and professional standards (e.g. ISO 9001).
- Formal training in Service Management disciplines (e.g. ITIL)
- In-depth technical understanding of Dynamics AX Software
- Experience of Working with variety of software – Windows and Linux OS
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of Standard Database technologies (Oracle/MS SQL Server)
- Understanding or working knowledge of supporting AWS based applications (essential)
- Confident in command line Red Hat Linux environment (essential)
- Familiar with application development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Oracle Developer) and ability to read and understand programming code and run simple SQL queries. Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
- Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
- Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
- Stress Handling – Retaining objectivity and proper understanding of a problem or situation when placed under conditions of stress.
- Applying standards – Good in application of relevant standards
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 40000 - 45000