Associate Professor, Finance
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No. 34 of year 2010. The University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University with its vibrant and picturesque campus in Bangalore, India offers multidisciplinary undergraduate and postgraduate majors to students from diverse backgrounds. Alliance Education, defined by excellence through an agile and market-driven approach in the faculties of Management Studies & Commerce; Science & Technology; Humanities, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences is guided by the core values of the University.
As a top ranked university, Alliance University offers programs in business, engineering law, and plans to start new programs in languages, liberal arts, economics, sciences and applied mathematics.
For more details, visit: www.alliance.edu.in
Alliance University invites applications for its School of Business from highly accomplished professionals for the position of Associate Professor in Finance. The applicant must have a strong academic background and at least eight years of experience in teaching and research at a reputed institution.
Job Title: Associate Professor – Finance
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in helping students secure career opportunities in areas of finance.
- Supervise, advise, and mentor students in areas of finance related subjects.
- Facilitate students' understanding of basic finance principles such as financial analysis; development finance; budgetary analysis; credit and subsidies; microfinance and financial inclusion.
- Publish research; attend conferences; and deliver presentations to build a strong research network.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with peers, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in internationally rated journals.
- Be instrumental in challenging the way students think, learn, and develop their understanding of academic disciplines.
- Develop core curriculum and deliver course material effectively.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
- Organizing seminars and events to interact with established industry professionals.
- Review methods and teaching material to make recommendations for improvement.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably required.
- Ph.D. in Finance or in related areas from a top-notch institution.
- Demonstrated interest and competence in establishing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong desire to publish in prestigious journals with the possibility to get outside funding for research initiatives.
- Great interpersonal skills with an effective understanding of pedagogical tools and processes.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Expertise in teaching subjects such as Financial Derivatives and Risk Management; Financial Markets and Institutions; Financial Analysis and Modelling; Forex; Treasury and Risk Management; Commercial Banking and Credit Appraisal; Security Analysis and Portfolio Management; Mergers, Acquisition and Corporate Restructuring and Financial Reporting Compliance.
- Doctoral degree in Finance in related areas from a top-notch institution with a strong research and academic background.
- Minimum 8 years of teaching and research experience with renowned institutions as an Assistant Professor.
- Minimum 7 research publications in highly reputed journals.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned / allied / relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
Vacancy: Multiple vacancies in the School of Business. Priority would be given for candidates available to join immediately.
Role: Teaching & Research
Compensation & Benefits: Alliance University offers competitive salaries commensurate with an applicant’s qualification and experience. The University supports research through grants and incentives for publications. Additionally, the University offers subsidized campus housing, food, transport, insurance, and other benefits.
Industry: Education / Training
Functional Area: Teaching, training, and research
Employment Type: Full-Time
Creative teaching, presentation, communication, innovative research, people engagement, and networking skills.
Apply to the open position by sending your updated CV and Cover Letter (highlighting your achievements, career goals, and ways in which you can contribute to Alliance University) to email@example.com. Quote AU/REC2022/THEUNIJOBS/AP-FIN as reference in your email subject line.