Professor/Associate Professor, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- An opportunity now exists to join RMIT's School of Engineering and contribute to the teaching and research performance within the Discipline of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- Full-time, ongoing opportunity based at the City Campus
- Remuneration for Academic Level D ($148,192 - $163,260) or level E ($190,891) + 17% Super
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
About the Role
As the Associate Professor, you will provide leadership and foster excellence in teaching and research efforts of the School, within the University, and with the community, professional, commercial and industrial sectors. More specifically, you will be responsible for providing original, innovative and distinguished contributions to the School's programs for maintaining and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities relevant to the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Discipline at a national and international level. Within this role, you will also teach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Discipline to deliver best of class student experience.
As the Professor, you will bring research track record recognised at a national and international level in the specialist field of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering. In this role you, will provide high level research leadership developing and leading research project teams and programs and foster a vibrant research culture and academic performance. You will be required to develop a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Lead the advancement of teaching in the discipline including initiating program improvements and leading assessment design, conduct and moderation
- Make an outstanding contribution to the governance and collegial life inside and outside of the University
- Have nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets and emerging international recognition in the field of Civil and Infrastructure Engineering
- Ensure implementation of best practice teaching strategies within discipline and dissemination of innovative practices across the University, including: initiating responses to emergent issues and integrating into curriculum development
- Experience and understanding of financial, governance and quality management systems within a University
- Experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance
- PhD in Civil Engineering or relevant field
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and separately address the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description above or contact Professor Kevin Zhang, Associate Dean Civil & Infrastructure at email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday, 17th of March 2022.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.