- Full-time fixed term until December 2022 (part-time applicants will be considered)
- Design educational resources for higher education and see your bright ideas come to life
- Base Salary $97,975 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health, Education team is seeking a talented Education Designer to join the team on a fixed-term 12-month basis. The Education Designer will work within a strong, supportive team to deliver industry best practice, educational resources for the delivery of our courses.
The Education Designer will work closely with our academics and teaching staff in the Faculty of Medicine and Health, to develop an understanding of their teaching needs, and provide design solutions that will bring to life the course content and enable the required educational outcomes. You will also run workshops and build communities of practice within the School and across the Faculty.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide deep technical knowledge, learning design and operational support to teaching staff across the Faculty to support teaching requirements
- work in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff, inter-faculty teams and university wide stakeholders, to develop innovative online educational resources
- creates, develop, test, and implement educational resources for use by staff and students online and in classrooms that are aligned to the needs of the work area
- drives innovations in the provision of online learning sites and student learning experiences by providing practical solutions and delivering tools and resources
- work in close collaboration with academic and teaching staff to develop innovative online multimedia resources
- play a leading role in adopting innovations in online learning, identifying, and implementing new technologies, and developing education designs to improve learning outcomes that enhance the student learning experience.
To be successful in this role, you are an education technologist who will:
- design creative student-centred learning experiences, both blended and online, that are based on sound educational design principles
- design and deliver cutting edge eLearning and multimedia sites, in targeted curriculum areas to meet the teaching needs of the work area
- ensure the Learning Management Site design principles used across programs supports the best possible student learning experience
- provide sound advice and liaises with Course Directors, Academic and Teaching Staff to design solutions during the development of agreed resources, units of study modules and courses
- develop, implement, and maintain projects within the eLearning portfolio, ensuring that consistent and quality services are provided to all Disciplines and Degree programs
- provide expert advice to Course Directors in achieving strategic goals with both LMS sites and course/unit of study content
- have demonstrated experience with design and development of LMS websites using HTML, CSS, and the ability to develop multimedia or video-based learning content.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Tuesday 2 February 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com.
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.