Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Salary: $87,007 - $94,181 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Department of General Practice
The Department of General Practice originated as a unit within the Department of Community Medicine in 1977. It was established as a separate department within the School of Medicine in 2001 and established the Primary Care Research Unit (PCRU) as a centre of excellence in primary care research, research training and knowledge exchange in 2006.
About the Role
Reporting to the Directors of the research program, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of Future Health Today (FHT) and TorchRecruit programs which aim to optimise chronic disease management and clinical trials recruitment in general practice. The position is philanthropically supported and involves a collaboration between the University of Melbourne and Western Health. The incumbent will be highly experienced in providing high level research administration support and coordination, to facilitate completion of program deliverables. Effective liaison and relationship management of key stakeholders and their representatives on the Executive Steering Group will be critical to the overall success of the program.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Support research team with research coordination functions and facilitate the development of strategic new research projects
- Provide project management support for externally funded projects, monitoring and managing deliverables.
- Monitor and manage the financial requirements for grant-funded projects, including being familiar with funding rules for granting bodies.
You are an excellent communicator with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders. You are able to work independently as well as part of a team in a cooperative and collegial manner.
Ideally, you will further have:
- A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated expertise in assisting to manage complex research projects, including coordination of research grants, financial and budget reporting.
- Highly developed organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing demands.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position Description: Revised PD21.12.2021-0054247 Program Coordinator_DDQI.pdf
Applications close: 09 Feb 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time