Manager, Clinical Placement Unit HEO 8
- Based in UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance at City East campus
- Full-time (1.0FTE), continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $101,110 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager: Allied Health and Human Performance, the position is responsible for managing the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit’s Clinical Placement Unit to ensure student placements are implemented successfully and all associated risks are managed. This is achieved by creating, developing and managing effective systems and processes and enhancing the Academic Unit’s relationships with new and existing placement venues in collaboration with academic staff. The position works with the General Managers, Dean: Academic and Clinical Education, Dean of Programs, Program Directors and other academic staff, as well as relevant central units, to facilitate policy, innovation and strategy in the area of clinical placement.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Provide operational leadership and direction to the CPU team to deliver efficient and effective systems in pre-placement and placement administration
- Contribute to excellent placement outcomes by working collaboratively with Academic Unit staff and external partners to source placements, optimise offers and uptake, ensuring customer orientated communication with placement providers
- Develop and implement retention strategies for existing placement providers and actively contribute to the identification of new placement opportunities for the Academic Unit
- Provide high-level advice to Academic Unit staff relating to local, interstate, rural and international clinical placements, including insurance, Criminal History Assessments and Student Registers
- Develop communication strategies with students, placement providers and internal stakeholders and negotiate Affiliation Agreements with placement venues to all Academic Uni disciplines
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a clinical health related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a senior level management, administrative or project role within a clinical setting incorporating risk management, decision making and negotiation of positive outcomes with stakeholders
- An understanding of clinical education in a health and/or tertiary education setting
- Successful achievement in leading and managing effective partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders to deliver measurable outcomes and engaged and productive relationships
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of staff
Culture and Benefits
At UniSA our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes innovation anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Every day we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Benefits include a generous superannuation contribution of 17%, professional development support, salary sacrifice and a range of additional leave options. Our family friendly approach and focus on work/life wellbeing will ensure you enjoy the many benefits of living and working in vibrant, highly affordable Adelaide, consistently ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3761.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 7 February 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.