Research Assistant, Gerontology Research Program
The Gerontology Research Programme conducts multi-disciplinary research on a wide range of research topics on ageing and health, spanning the basic, clinical and behavioral sciences. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Research Assistant.
- Support project management
- Co-ordinate research work relating to geriatric nutrition
- Conduct qualitative (focus group discussions, interviews) and quantitative research work
- Collection of data and data entry
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator
- A good degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, Psychology or related field.
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and at least one of the following local dialects: Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew as the nature of the work involves communicating and interacting with elderly persons who often speak dialects.
- Strong communication skills, especially with elderly persons.
- Willingness to travel to various research sites/centres around the island.
- Proficiency in qualitative data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Meticulous organisational skills.
- Keen interest to pursue a career in research.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No