Lecturer, Built Environment and Information Technology
FACULTY OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF ARCHITECTURE
LECTURER (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- The incumbent will be required to:
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with a specific focus on teaching construction technology and design.
- Participate in the Department’s community service programmes.
- Act as study leader /supervisor for postgraduate students as necessary.
- Assist with administrative duties as determined by the HoD.
- Conduct appropriate research and publish research outputs.
- Professional Master’s degree in Architecture OR Architecture with extensive practice experience in interior architecture.
- A minimum of three (3) years practice experience in the field of interior architecture.
- Experience in lecturing at tertiary level.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Advanced digital skills (e.g., BIM, Revit, InDesign)
- Good language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Evidence of academic writing skills such as publications in conference proceedings, books or a publication record in internationally indexed academic journals.
- Ability to initiate relevant research, or undertake contract research, in the Departmental research fields.
- Willingness and ability to engage directly with research on taking up office.
- Experience in or an interest in Well-building and/or resource efficient design.
The Department of Architecture is grounded in an ecosystemic design approach and would welcome candidates with a similar philosophy.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED/UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact
- Self-evaluation/ personal statement responding to the post requirements
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2022.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES (relating to post content): Prof Chrisna du Plessis Tel: (012) 420 3778 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ENQUIRIES (application related): Mrs N Parker, Tel: (012) 420 6967 / Email: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2022 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo personal credentials verification.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.