Lecturer, School of Biomedical Sciences
- Enhance teaching and research activities within the School of Biomedical Sciences
- Full time, continuing
- Base Salary from $110,856 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Biomedical Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer. As a Lecturer you will teach across our undergraduate and post-graduate degrees, with a particular focus on anatomy teaching, and establish an active research program.
As Lecturer you will
- make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation Medicine and Health while continuing to build research contribution, expertise and impact.
- build and maintain reputation for academic excellence, to expand knowledge and practice in the discipline.
- the School of Biomedical Sciences has recently restructured to create research themes including neuroscience, chronic diseases, education innovation, infection immunity and inflammation, molecular bioscience, musculoskeletal science, biomedical informatics, and digital health. You will establish a research program within one of these themes
- have a PhD in a related field
- are registered or are eligible for registration with the relevant bodies
- have a developing research profile evidenced by original, high-quality and independent research in this field and / or related fields of practice
- have experience in teaching and learning, including demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives
- have a developing network of relationships with academic, consumer / advocacy, industry and / or professional organisations, partners, and stakeholders
- have experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities
- a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the discipline and higher education sector
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Sunday 6 February 2022
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Operations, by email at email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.