Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Multiple Locations
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne Medical School
Salary: $87,007 - $94,181 (UOM 6) (pro rata)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Part time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university, and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About the Department of Rural Health
The Department of Rural Health is a department within the Melbourne Medical School at the University of Melbourne. The Department is based in Shepparton, Ballarat, Bendigo (in partnership with Monash University and La Trobe University) and Wangaratta and has associations with more than 40 smaller rural towns in Victoria.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Department Rural Health, the key purpose of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is to promote the activities of the Department of Rural Health, including student placement programs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander projects, research successes and student training.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Develop and implement an innovative and engaging social media plan.
- Identify and produce engaging content with a consistent approach to brand, tone of voice and audience engagement principles.
- Collaborate in the promotion of student placements and placement support to health students at Victorian universities in creative and dynamic ways.
- Promote activities, events, and programs in Aboriginal Health to local Aboriginal communities and broader networks across Australia in respectful and culturally appropriate ways.
Impeccable interpersonal skills will enable you to foster stakeholder relationships and effectively collaborate across the university. In addition, excellent written and oral communication skills along with experience in the development and promotion of key messages, will see you generate engagement from diverse audiences.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Business (or related field) with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- High-level experience and competency in managing website content and using social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms to promote programs.
- Experience working with diverse people and marketing to diverse audiences.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be Yourself @ UoM
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume, and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
Position Description: Marketing and Communications Coordinator PD (1).pdf
Applications close: 15 Feb 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time