Research Assistant, Electricity Consumption Data
- Full-time, fixed term (14 months) position available + possible extension
- Salary Academic Level A + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the College
The STEM College holds a leading position and expertise in the science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health (STEM) fields. We are uniquely positioned to influence and partner with industry, as never before.
STEM College is a community of exceptional STEM researchers, teachers, inventors, designers and game-changers, supported by talented professional staff. We offer higher education programs across all STEM disciplines at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, and ensure our students experience an education that is work-aligned and life-changing.
Further information on STEM College in this link.
About the role
As the Research Assistant will undertake research activities in line with the University's research strategy. It is expected that you will work with an increasing degree of autonomy as your skills and experience develop.
This role will require you to:
- Conduct research activities under limited supervision either independently or as a member of a team including publishing and presenting research outputs at conferences and research forums;
- Contributing to external research funding submissions and participating in supervision of higher degree by research candidates.
- Engaging in a project supported by industry on optimisation of behind the meter demand response in commercial and industrial customers
- Undertake limited teaching and supervision at undergraduate levels as required
- Undertake administration related to the position
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Evidence of research output including publications, conference contributions and/or technical reports in the field
- Excellent background in electrical engineering and power system analysis; this project requires assessment of requirements for backup generator synchronisation with the grid
- Good background in working with data, e.g. electricity consumption data
- Ability to work autonomously whilst displaying a strong commitment to work in a team environment, including the demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively work with colleagues, project team leaders, and industry partners
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
Mandatory: Qualification in Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or similar and have completed or about to complete their PhD.
Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check
Please submit your CV, cover letter and separately address the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link.
For further position related enquiries, please reach out to Associate Professor Lasantha Meegahapola at email@example.com
The Victorian Government has announced that all workers - in Melbourne and regional Victoria - on the Authorised Worker list must be vaccinated. This is not a decision made by RMIT - we are compelled to comply with this government health directive. RMIT has not made any decisions to mandate vaccination across our whole RMIT community.
If the requirements of this role determine vaccination is required, resulting from the current Authorised Worker mandate or future Victorian Government changes, RMIT will advise and request proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
31 Jan 2022 11.59 pm