Manager, Strategic Projects
- Contribute to the enhancement of quality student learning experiences
- Varied, multi-disciplinary educational project management opportunity
- May be based at one of multiple ACU campuses
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across nine campuses - Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the Centre for Education and Innovation:
The Centre for Education and Innovation provides an integral link between ACU's directorates, schools and faculties and a centralised support service for all learning and teaching processes and resources to enable high-quality student learning experiences.
About the role:
As the Manager Strategic Projects, you'll manage a portfolio of multi-disciplinary projects that support the university-wide delivery of high-quality student learning experiences. As a business partner to the faculties, you'll also translate their needs into the strategic planning, operational delivery and evaluation cycles of the Centre for Education and Innovation.
More specifically the role entails:
- Building systems and processes that will form the Centre's articulated ways of working and build staff capability in using these systems and processes
- Developing a systematic approach to managing the Centre's critical relationships with internal and external stakeholders that's consistent with the Centre's vision, strategy and articulated approach to service delivery
- Supporting the Director in planning, delivering, evaluating and reporting on the activities of the Centre.
You will need to have:
- A post-graduate qualification in education, design, technology or other relevant discipline, coupled with extensive experience in leading enterprise-wide projects that have successfully impacted the educational experience of students and/or staff
- Expert knowledge of contemporary best-practice in educational project management, with emphasis on models, approaches, technologies, and commercial strategies that underpin effective delivery of at-scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to build outstanding relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with a particular emphasis on the use of exceptional negotiation skills and leading through influence
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the 'Apply' link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $138,791 - $148,201 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $117,280 - $125,232 (pro rata) pa (HEW 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Elizabeth Watson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Find out more information on the benefits of working at ACU at: www.acu.edu.au/about-acu/careers-at-acu/why-work-at-acu
Applications Close: Sunday 30 January 2022
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.