Special Scientist PhD in Econometric Modelling
Title: Special Scientist PhD in Econometric Modelling
No. Of Position: One (1)
Category: Contract for a year (12 months), renewable for an additional year (up to 24 months)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Economics Research Centre at the Department of Economics of the University of Cyprus accepts applications for a Special Scientists (Research) position expert in Econometric Modelling for full-time (140 hours/month) or part-time employment for the period of 12 months, renewable up to 24 months.
The research position is primarily funded by the EC’s Recovery and Resilience Plan for Cyprus. Additional funding could be drawn from external grants of the EC, the National Promotion of Innovation and Research Foundation, the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank of Cyprus and from other funds of the Economics Research Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the above position are:
- Development of econometric models fo policy analysis.
- Supervision of postdoctoral researchers including the programming for development of econometric models, calibration and testing.
- Writing research papers aiming at high-impact international publications.
- Writing articles/reports to analyse and interpret the results and conclusions for policy analysis.
- Presentations of methodologies and research results in international and local conferences and policymakers.
- Candidates should have a PhD degree and considerable experience in developing econometrician models in academic and/or policy organizations. Candidates who are near completion of their PhD and will defend their PhD within three months of this application would also be considered.
- Strong applied econometric knowledge of DSGE models (e.g. DSGE Quest II model of the European Commision) will be considered as an advantage.
- Character integrity, confidentiality, organizational and administrative capacity, responsibility, initiative and ethics. High academic performance and appeal for research.
The position is on a contract basis on one year (12 months), renewable for an additional year (24 months). The monthly gross salary is up to €2100 (on the basis of 140 hours/month) depending on qualifications and experience. From this amount, employee contributions will be deducted. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest for this position
- Detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or English
- Copies of transcripts and analytical grades
- The names of two academics or/and supervisors in case of policy institutions from whom references may be requiested.
Applicants are invited to submit their application by the 10th of February 2022 at 14:00, at the following link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment. For any additional information regarding the positions please contact Professor Elena Andreou at email@example.com
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).