Research Project Officer
- Part time (0.6 FTE) fixed term until January 2023
- Provide project management and operational support to the team, coordinating the implementation and delivery of activities and tasks for the Dr Liang Voice Program
- Base Salary $89,759 (pro rata) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Research Project Officer to provide general project management advice and operational support to project teams, delivering project management support to a work stream within a multi-faceted program of work, including establishing project teams, developing and implementing plans, managing project financials and preparing status reports in line with broader project governance requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate project budgets, contracts, project planning and hires, finances, day-to-day team activities and Lab processes and communications
- coordinate internal systems, accounts, ICT security, file management systems, ethics applications, and project reports and publications
- coordinate and oversee clinical trials
- identify and coordinate submission of appropriate grants, and support the Chief Investigators to ensure all outputs are achieved for successful funding, including assistance with grant budget reconciliation
- manage the development and implementation of work stream project plans to meet overarching project objectives
- coordinate the logistics for projects, including scheduling meetings, coordinating attendees, planning of events and meetings in various locations, and sourcing appropriate venues.
To be successful in this role, you:
- have tertiary qualifications with subsequent relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education/training and relevant experience
- are accurate, have attention to detail, and are highly organised
- possess good planning, analysis and communication skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and coordinates with various demands
- can effectively manage a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects, and can develop/cultivate productive relationships with industry providers and key users
- have numeracy skills coupled with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases for a project.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Tuesday 1 February 2022
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.