- 0.1 - 0.3 FTE, fixed term to Dec 2022 possible extension for two more years upon positive evaluation
- Opportunity to support an international research project in the areas of biomechanics and physical activity in the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney
- Base Salary $78,077 (pro rata) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated graduate research assistant to support an international research project in the areas of biomechanics and physical activity in the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney. The graduate research assistant will support a range of research activities in a state-of-the-art biomechanics laboratory at the University of Sydney, one of the most advanced biomechanics laboratory in the world, and in NSW sports high schools.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assist with the development and documentation of research protocols
- lodge ethics/grant applications
- develop MATLAB/ Python code and run trial code
- collect research data and prepare statistical reports
- provide technical support for research students
- has expertise in the field of Movement Science and Biomechanics
- has expertise and knowledge using MATLAB/ Python
- has expertise and knowledge using 3D motion analysis systems or mobile physical activity tracker
- possesses a tertiary qualification in physiotherapy or exercise science discipline with PhD or have extensive specialist experience in the field of biomechanics research
- has excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- is a team player
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Wednesday 26 January 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Scott Walker, Recruitment Operations, or by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.