Research Assistant, Asia Studies
The Research Assistant is responsible for providing research, content and editorial support for Mr Kishore Mahbubani’s research and writing, as well as for the Asian Peace Programme. Mr Mahbubani is a Distinguished Fellow at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To work closely with Distinguished Fellow to perform qualitative and basic statistical research for speech preparation, journal and newspaper articles and other writing assignments.
- Assist with the Asian Peace Programme, including on policy essays and briefs, podcasts and other outputs from the programme.
- Liaise with event organisers, publishers, editors and journalists for Distinguished Fellow ‘s speaking engagements, media appearances and written contributions.
- Support the dissemination of Distinguished Fellow writings via his website and social media.
- Follow and engage with media coverage, policy documents and journal articles from China.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the social sciences, including Public Policy, International Relations, Economics, Political Science, History, Sociology or a related field.
- Demonstrated strong academic background and credentials.
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with basic macroeconomic and demographic data using software like Excel.
- Interest in current affairs, foreign policy, governance and geopolitical issues.
- Knowledge of US-China relations and/or ASEAN preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin for writing of policy documents and correspondence with external parties.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae;
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project;
- Academic transcript; and
- Name and email addresses of TWO referees whom we may contact.
Interested candidates, please submit your application by 14 February 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asia Research Institute
Department : Research