Research Fellow, Centre for Public Health
Application closing date 07/02/2022
Salary £34,304 - £37,467 per annum
Job category/type Research
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow in the Centre for Public Health. This post involves working with a multi-disciplinary, multi-centre team as part of an international collaborative project entitled “A multi-centre, multidimensional approach for New Onset Diabetes After Transplantation (NODAT)”.
The proposed project plans to identify a NODAT ‘signature’ that will help identify individuals at higher risk of developing NODAT, which will improve kidney transplant success rates and patient outcomes. This research proposal brings together multidisciplinary and synergistic research groups to advance our knowledge of the molecular determinants of NODAT, identify potential molecular targets, and facilitate clinical prediction. This project will provide excellent experience for a dedicated post-doctoral research fellow in a broad range of techniques.
The post may involve generating new molecular data, bioinformatic analysis of data, integrating datasets, preparing regular summary reports, and taking the lead writing academic outputs and research dissemination.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Have or about to obtain PhD in relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ relevant research experience.
- Experience handling biological samples to generate genomic, epigenomic and / or transcriptomic data
- Experience working with multi-omic data, and / or statistics for molecular biology, and / or molecular bioinformatics or other fields relevant to the post
- Demonstrated experience of research methods and techniques pertinent to molecular epidemiology, longitudinal studies, and / or public health research using a range of methodologies
- Experience of using data analysis packages such as SPSS or Partek.
- Experience of project management, delivering research outcomes, and proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a research team.
- A publication track record commensurate with the stage of career.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing various staff networks such as iRise and PRISM which help us to progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena SWAN award. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquires may be directed to: Dr Laura Smyth - email@example.com