Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow, Centre of Applied Research
Centre of Applied Research
Singapore University of Social Sciences is one of Singapore's six autonomous universities and its mission is to provide lifelong education that equips learners to serve society. Home to more than 15,000 students, SUSS provides an applied education that targets both fresh school leavers and adult learners, with a focus on the social sciences. It adopts a flexible and practice-focused learning approach and offers more than 70 degree programmes in various disciplines.
The successful candidate will join the Centre for Applied Research (CFAR) in the Singapore University of Social Sciences and will be expected to support the development and implementation of the University’s research strategy, lead and coordinate research activity and manage research partnerships with industry. This includes the spearheading of research administrative policies and systems, and internal and external research reporting.
75% - Research Administration
- Support the development and implementation of the University's research strategy
- Spearhead research administrative policies and systems
- Aid in internal and external research reporting
- Lead and coordinate research activity
- Manage research partnerships with industry
25% - Research & Training
The Centre for Applied Research (CFAR) at Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) provides high quality research, policy evaluation, statistical analysis, and technical assistance to academic, government and commercial organisations. Research at CFAR is focused primarily on applied work with industry relevance. In addition to undertaking collaborative research with industry partners and public organisations on issues of direct relevance to the business community and to the society at large, CFAR serves as a research hub for all research initiatives and projects at SUSS. In this capacity, CFAR works closely with the academic schools to foster research at SUSS.
- Candidates must possess a PhD in humanities or social sciences from a reputable university.
- Candidates with work experience from the industry or have taught at tertiary institutions are preferred.