Research Assistant, Web Developer/Full Stack/Bioinformatician
Roles & Responsibilities
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on 1-Year contract basis. There will be a probation period of 6 months from the Commencement Date. At the end of the probation period, an assessment of the performance will be made.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on the goals set out for the projects of interest. The RA’s principal role will be to work on Enzyme Function Initiative at National University of Singapore (EFI@NUS) web tools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant is expected to:
- Plan, maintain and enhance front and back end web server and web portal to carry out data analyses, with minimum supervision;
- Provide administrative support to the project, such as security, maintenance or web server, troubleshoot codes and updates to web portal;
- Connect front-end web portal services to back-end High-Performance Cluster with necessary software and tools.
- Help and assist researchers with the script submission, editing and modifying and enhancing to better suit the needs of the research projects.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related IT area;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and attention to detail;
- Have strong/good background in computer programming among others but not limited to SQL, Python, PHP, R, jQuery and come knowledge in Webserver, DB and Unix;
- Have knowledge of coding and Bioinformatics analytical tools will be good advantage;
- Have a good record of successful project completion and portfolio.
Application Remuneration will be commensurated with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Mr Aslam, at email@example.com
Formal application: Interested applicants are invited to apply directly at our NUS Career Portal, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7520