Research Fellow, PV Quality Assurance
SERIS has built a strong reputation for quality assurance of solar PV installations across Asia. The expertise covers the full project value chain, with a strong focus on obtaining financing (Lender’s Technical Advisory), construction monitoring (Owners’ Engineer), Testing & Commissioning (T&C) and rectification of under-performing assets during the operation & maintenance (O&M) phase.
The role of the Research Fellow position is to lead research and consultancy projects and develop new capabilities in the area of PV quality assurance along the value chain.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Detailed data analytics of the performance of PV systems.
- Automation of the data analytics part, possibly in a cloud-based tool.
- Root-cause assessments of under-performing PV installations.
- Development of a suitable rectification measures for under-performing PV installations.
- Calculation of the levelised cost of electricity (LCOE) in the presence of various additional cash outflows during the lifetime of an PV asset.
- Implementation of due diligence for PV assets, including technology assessments, project schedules, risk identifications and contractual arrangements.
- Development of novel assessment approaches for PV assets and their implementation in software tools.
- Initiation and acquisition of industry projects
- Project management.
- Interaction with, and management of, industry partners & clients.
- PhD degree in Photovoltaic-related science or engineering (preferably with prior Masters / Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and/or PV)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the PV industry
- Knowledge and experience in PV system technology, design, EPC, operation and maintenance, field inspection, project finance.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced team environment with engineers, consultants, regulators and customers.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative.
- Highly motivated and well organized.
- A passion for sustainable energy
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department: Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 6839